Monday, May 16, 2005

Thank God for the Blog

Back in the katy-doesn't-have-a-blog day I wrote in real journals. And still do. Mostly my poetry and the really, really dark things I want out of my head. Those are easier by ink and pen. But I have a horrible time writing, my hands can't hold pencils well and I have crazy writing calluses from years and years of writing non-stop.

The other good thing about having a journal online. You can type into it without raising suspicions of husbands.

Right now my husband is researching to buy yet another freaking car. And he won't shut-up about it even though it's fairly clear I'm not interested right now. It's bugging me. I can't speak - my throat hurts - I can't go for a run or a session at the gym because my cold is moving into my chest - and he just won't shut-up.

There are a lot of reasons why I don't want to think about our car situation right now. The most being that we need to move soon to a new apartment or house and I'd rather keep that money for our deposits. The car situation isn't immediate...moving is.

But even if I had the voice to remind him of this...he wouldn't stop. I just wish he'd stop sharing every little thing he's reading with me. I can't comment...I'm trying to read...I don't care...shut up shut up shut up.

And it feels good to be able to type that out without running off with a journal and having him get paranoid that I'm writing about him.

I love this guy, I'm honored that he wants to include me in every aspect of the big decisions. I just need some space! Again!!

No comments: