Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Operation Bedtime

The Bedtime Experiment is off to a rocky start.

Well it's off to no start really. Much like making a resolution to go on a diet on January 1st, then trallumping off to some party full of left-over Christmas decadents. Yes, I had to start Operation Bedtime the night The Black Guard decided to run the instances.

The Black Guard is a guild within the World of Warcraft (WoW) game. Both my husband and I are members. I don't play all that much (though for a few months I was addicted) but my husband's Female Nightelf Rogue has gotten to level 40-something maybe 50 and now with the new honor system in place for PVP...all I see in the back of his head and all I hear from the blasted computer is "Not Enough Energy"

If you've no idea what that last paragraph was about...count yourself fortunate.

In anycase, an instance is the kind of thing you need to stick with your party for. You can abandon your party, but don't expect to be invited to play again anytime soon. I unfortunately didn't know my husband had partied up to run the dungeon till it was 9:30pm and he was in the thick of it. No such thing as a 30 minute instance run.

I had to amend the rules. I allowed him to play till 10:30pm and forgo the allotted time on his laptop in bed. (The laptop is set on his bedside table, he usually reads his message boards and forums while in bed - ah foreplay.) Unfortunately for all the yelling myself and my cat were doing...we couldn't coax him to bed. I tried, but by 10:45pm I was asleep myself. I have no idea what time he got to bed.

Morning didn't come off too well either. I woke up at 4am...sick and sore. I have no idea what from. I've been feeling icky all day. Suffice to say I didn't go to the gym an hour later. I did however prod him awake...over...and over....and over.

Me: Hon, it's 5:18 what time are you getting up?
Him: 5:20
Me: It's 5:20 now.
Him: I meant 5:25
Me: How about 5:30 so I can just set the alarm.
Him: *snore*
Me: It's 5:30...the alarm is going off...turn it off.
Him: *snore*
Him: *whine*
Him: *whacking alarm hard and hitting my throat with it*
Him: *snore*

It went like that till 5:40. Then he rolled over and just layed there for five minutes. Then he got up and...here's the kicker...signed on to WoW. I thought he had headed for the shower and snuggled down to rest while he was in there. But no. I got back up at 6am and he was still playing the stupid game. I started ironing his uniform, put the kettle on, fed the fish, he went to take a shower. He wasn't dressed till 6:35am and I honestly don't know if he got to work on time.

I don't know if this all went to pot because I was sick and less adamant or because this is a lost cause. I will never be able to help my husband get to bed or work on time.

I think I feel worse about this than he does.

No comments: