Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Hot Hot Hot

Earlier this afternoon I was composing a post about work that I was going to complete at home and post.

Instead I'm sitting in my apartment wilting like an exotic orchid (okay maybe I'm more a dandelion - but even weeds have dreams) because it is currently 79 degrees outside (estimate) and 90 degrees inside my little apartment (known quantity).

Why? Because my roommate...a man who grew up in Alaska...who makes mention of the fact that he's a snow man...that he can never get cold...and who coincedently has more blubber on his person than a blue whale...he turned the heat on last night. He turned on the heat in mid-May on the warmest night of this year to date. I woke up last night thinking I had some strange fever and I was going to die of spontaneous combustion and take the cat with me.

This morning I turned off the heat. But our temperature control being what it is - the air conditioning (A luxury I've lived without until I got to Maryland, where after one summer I finally found out why God invented air conditioning men. Bless Him.) As I was saying the air conditioning won't come back on for the next two days.

So...it's hot. Very hot. And I can do nothing but stare daggers at my crazy roommate. Matters are not helped by the fact he left the butter AND the milk out this morning - in our 90 degree apartment - with no windows open - and I'm hot and now deprived of milk - and it's that time of the month - and I'm hot and in general really really crabby.

Grrr.

Did I mention I'm hot.

And grumpy?

I'm gonna go shove ice down my shirt and dance on the balcony as only a sister of the moon can.

No comments: