Friday, May 20, 2005

Just a bunch of...cookies

I've been starting this post over and over again for the past thirty minutes trying to explain what the hell happened yesterday. I realize I can't describe it other than it was a day of crap. And it sucked. It was uber suxxors it sucked so bad.

I think part of the suckiness of yesterday has to do with people my age. (And a few adults that act like their my age.) Yesterday I was reminded that most younger people (and again people who forgot to mature too) like to pass the buck, create drama where there is none and are wholly self-centered bitches.

Even the boys.

Basically I spent my day yesterday looking for other peoples crap and then finding out (after an hour of looking and sheer panic) that they already had it and forgot to tell me to stop worrying. Then I spent the rest of the day making schedules for people without them telling me what they had already planned THEN having the gaul to complain to my boss that three hours was not enough time for them to get information to me...though two minutes is plenty of time to bitch to my boss. (The irony of this is that they sent the bitch-letter to me to send to my boss. I did...he laughed.)

When I finally sat down at the end of the day to relax, have some fun, and forget about the stupidity of my office I found a chain letter waiting for me.

Nothing brings on my wrath more than a chain letter from a grown-adult. I allow for the occasional mistake: it could be exceptionally believable, it could be the first time you've seen something like that, it could pull at your heartstrings enough you want to believe it's possible to change something by clicking send. But honestly after a month online you should know that CEO's of companies do not track instant messages by chain letters and Microsoft is not giving away money.

Irregardless I got a "Send this to everyone on your list if you want to keep your Instant Message Service free or they'll think you're inactive" letter. And to my credit instead of my usual reply which entails a lecture on why chain letters are illegal and why they should be avoided at all costs and why I'm requesting (FOR THE HUNDREDTH TIME) for certain persons to stop sending them to me, I was nice. I got goofy and I made a few jokes "Hey that's a chain letter. Shame on you. Tsk tsk. No cookies for you." And in response I got "**** you you ****ing bitch. I have Adult ADHD that's why I send them! What's your excuse? You're not my friend cause you don't carry about if I get charged or not."

No that's not a typo...he said I don't carry. I think he meant care...but apparently he has Adult ADHD which means he 1) can't read a message before he sends it to his entire list and 2) can't spell.

No matter. He wasn't on my friends list to begin with...I'm not sure how I got on his.

I say no matter, but yeah, it does matter. The internet doesn't mean anything, these passing people who use it as a tool to boost their own ego aren't worth the ones and zeros they take up. Yet I still get caught up in it. I still feel bad that I got berated. Okay I guess I could have been nicer. "Sweetie pie, honey pot, could you please not send those anymore pookie? 'Kay kisses." But after getting these messages over and over, and asking over and over for him to stop sending them, I felt I needed to get out the newspaper and bop his nose a little. Bad dog...bad bad dog. Again...no cookies for you.

And I know he meant to make me feel bad, which in turn would make him feel better. I knew that he tried to make me feel guilty because he has a "disease" that keeps him from being able to think things through. I know he wanted to make me feel like I was a bad person because a friend would never tell the truth to someone else and they always "carry" for each other.

It worked. Till today when I realized I was manipulated by a anonymous message of illiterate crap. Now I just feel bad because I'm that pathetic.

And I feel bad that I searched all day for someone elses letter when they had it the whole time and after the ordeal I said "Sorry".

I feel bad because I'm such a push-over and am so scared I'm not making everyone happy that I apologize for crap that has nothing to do with me.

Bad katy, bad bad katy. No cookies for me.

But I can have some brownies cause it wasn't really my fault - and brownies are good.

No comments: