Wednesday, June 29, 2005

So does that mean this is common now....

A quote from the House of Commons:

Mr. Jamie Reed (Copeland) (Lab): I crave the indulgence of the House in interrupting such an important and enjoyable debate to deliver my maiden speech. Furthermore, as the first Jedi Member of this place, I look forward to the protection under the law that will be provided to me by the Bill. I pay tribute to the hon. Member for Dewsbury (Mr. Malik) for his convincing and searing testimony in support of the proposed legislation. It will be a privilege to serve alongside him.


Found at The United Kingdom Parliament House of Commons Hansard Debates for 21 June, 2005 Part 23

*gasps for air*

I for one welcome the faith of Jedi into politics - I can't wait till the hover craft podium things are built because that was cool.

No, in all serious, you go boy...more power to ya. Yey Jedi!

No comments: