Monday, June 27, 2005

A good use of money

For awhile now I've been bickering with my husband (good naturedly) about what would be a good use of money. Since I keep the books and the house he usually needs to ask before any huge purchases (in order to escape what he calls me "look of supreme irritation). He pointed out the other day that whenever he asks if he can buy something I ask "Why?" I don't think that's so bad of a question. Why does he need two more sets of tires? Why does he need a cleaning robot when we have a broom? Etc. Etc.

Today he told me about this:

The Penguin Classics Library Complete Collection

And I want it. Why? So...er...I can read it. So I will have 11,000 books at my disposal all the time? So when I wake up at two o'clock in the morning I won't stare at my bookcases and go "I've read all these!!" (Which brings on my husbands own look of "supreme irritation"). I don't know why. I just want it.

Oh well, guess my green library card will have to take precedence over my blue visa.

No comments: