Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Watch out for that tree!

Yesterday, in an attempt to get away from all the troubles of my household, and the men who are creating all the troubles, I took a nice long walk around my neighborhood.

Armed with my ZEN player, a handful of very angry rock & roll and some good old fashioned "I hate men" songs I headed out towards our local soccer park growling at the world.

Who needs 'em! I thought to myself, Men are nothing but trouble. A bunch of overgrown boys who can't do anything for themselves. I don't even know why I bother. I hate them, I hate them, I hate them! I was really hitting my stride.

Then my stride was cut off. As I rounded the corner and was about to turn right I was nearly run over by Lance-freaking-Armstrong on some dinky lowriding mountain bike. I brush the dust out of my eyes and recover all the life memories that went flying past me (first day of school, first time I realized Ballerina Barbie could kiss Doctor Barbie instead of Dead-beat Ken, first-time I read the Babysitters Club, first-time I ate Dippin-dots - you know...the important stuff) just as a second bike comes rolling by - but much slower this time. He turns to look at me standing on the corner: hips hung to one side, toe-tapping, skirt blowing in the wind from his stupid friend, then he turns to look some more, and some more. He finally blows past and I look the other way checking for anymore bikers coming to get me when I hear

SCCCRRREEEEECCCHHH! THUNK! AHHHHHHHH

I turn to see Biker #2 crash headlong into a tree - head turned almost all the way around his neck Exorcist style.

His buddy rides back to him and laughs (gotta loves friends) saying loud enough that I can hear it over my angry rock "Shit dude, I got whiplash but at least I didn't crash into a tree."

Oh, I think THAT'S why I bother with men.

3 comments:

Christin said...

hey katy,
very nice blog - enjoyed reading it :o)
greetings from germany,
christin

Fred said...

LOL - No one ever crashed into a tree looking my way. *Sigh*

katy said...

christin: Hiya! Thanks for dropping by, wish I could read german...but alas...I'm just not that bright.

fred: That may be true, but with the nickname "hot teacher" I think it's in the near future.