Thursday, September 01, 2005

On a happier note - Blog Day!

I've added a new blog to the "Blogs I Like" list.

And I learned of a new wacky day. It's call Blog Day and it's on 31/08...or August 31st for us American types.

Mezba listed my blog on his blog for Blog Day. Because I have statcounter and can look at where people come from I saw his post.

I'm kinda surprised that someone who I don't actually know personally reads this blog. I mean, it's on the internet, it would stand to reason that someone I don't know will read it...but up to this point it's mostly been my friends who will call me and tell me I'm crazy.

In anycase, I'm glad I did get a chance to find his blog though because I'm enjoying reading it. He is a far more interesting read than my blog so everyone should head over and read it. Mezba's Blog

Reading his blog reminds me of one of the reasons I really like blogs. In the Catcher in Rye there is a part where Holden mentions that a really good book is the kind that when you finish reading it you feel like calling the author and talking about it. (I incidentally did want to call J.D. Salinger after I read the Catcher in the Rye and ask him why he would write such a horrible book then force high school students everywhere to read it. I was not a fan.)

The great thing about blogs is...you can call the authors and talk to them about it. Or at least you can post comments. Ask questions, it's like reading one chapter of a book then getting to extend the chapter over and over until the next installment. And for a girl who likened having to wait for the next chapter for the next nights bedtime to torture...this is great!

Now I just need to get the courage to post more.

In anycase. Go, read, learn, post, be merry!

2 comments:

mezba said...

Hi Katy,

Thanks for the plug. You are too kind with your praises :-)

Yup, the first time I found someone (a stranger) linking to my blog, I found it puzzling too. It's something you never think happens. Strange world, these blogs.

I enjoy reading your posts. Found your blog one day when I was clicking through the 'next blog' button on the blogger toolbar, was bored that day at work!

Take care,
Mezba.

Fred said...

I also added you to my blog list. Hopefully, you won't mind me making random comments every so often.