Friday, September 16, 2005

Busted

Last night my husband and I were making a little chit chat while we waited for a table.

In an effort to start a conversation and light his cigarette at the same time my husband mumbled:

"So I mmmm your mmmmcrab......" Then he stopped and gave me the deer in headlights look.

"What?" I said

Silence.

"You liked my crab?" I interpreted.

"Yes"

The only crab reference I've made in the past month or so has been on the blog...yesterday.

BUSTED!

We both smiled at one another then went on to talk about other things. I knew a few weeks ago he had been reading my blog but if he wasn't going to say anything about it I wasn't. He still won't say anything about it...which is fine. We're both busted...he didn't wanna tell me about reading it...I didn't want to tell him I wrote it.

The blog has been good for me. Not only do I have a place to write all my thoughts out, I don't feel guilty that I'm prattling on to people who find my over-crazed prattling annoying. I talk a lot, at length, and I use a lot of words. The blog has been my guilt-free place to say whatever I want to say, or try whatever writing style I feel like. It's also been something that was all my own - my husband didn't influence it, my bosses didn't bother with it, my friends who read it simply said "oh...it's a blog" and as I wrote earlier...I wanted something that was my own. Something that I didn't have to tailor to anyone else.

I don't think it's all ruined now...I already knew he was reading this long before his crab slip up...but now it's lost a little of it's flavor. I respect him, and I want to put out the best of myself for him...my blog is not my best work.

By the way - honey - you talk in your sleep.

1 comment:

Fred said...

LOL! Now, where's his blog?