Monday, September 19, 2005

High-Ho the Derry-O

World of Warcraft Roleplaying has degenerated to a debate about sex with Night Elves and what it would like if some hippos had a three way.

In an effort to continue being obnoxious, because he does it so well, one boys yells:

Let's have a debate on which way cheese stands!

I reply, being my silly self:

Alone

Cricket cricket. No one gets it. My quiet, witty, yet subtle joke is lost on the mass of pre-teens now bickering between the choice of upside down and right side up.

I vaguely wonder if they know the kind of wars that have been waged over what side one butters ones bread. Probably not.

As I realize no one will get my joke I lament to my husband about how no one appreciates my wittiness. He then responds:

I don't get it.

What do you mean you don't get it. The cheese stands alone...you know...high-ho the dairy-o

I don't get it.

ARGH! What are they teaching kids now a days. What happened to having to stand in a circle and learning the hard way that sometimes kids are cruel...sometimes we must all be the cheese...yes sometimes - sometimes girls and boys - we must stand alone.

The cheese stands alone my friends, the cheese stands alone. Not because he is an outcast, oh no, but because in that long walk to the center of our proverbial circles we are all alone. All abandoned by our mousy friends and pitchfork lovers. But the cheese is strong in his solitude, he will survive - hey, hey - he will survive...he doesn't need the cat, he doesn't need the dog, the dell can have the Farmer. You know why?

Because he knows why the lady swallowed the fly!

2 comments:

Fred said...

I'll re-read this in the morning. Hopefully, I'll understand it better before the wine. :)

Nice new profile, pic, btw.

katy said...

Always with you things must make sense. Why is this? These things don't make sense, it's a childrens song. Might as well ask why a cat would play a fiddle and why a cow would jump over the moon. While we're at it, why would three blind mice hang out together without a guide? And also, do your ears hang low...?