Saturday, July 16, 2005

Spiritual Rain

Today we had a huge summer storm. It was hot, all the windows were covered in condensation and it looked like the glass was crying. The air was sticky and thick and you could taste the storm on your tongue. It was like curry that was melting like ice.

And it rained hard.

I spent a good couple of hours wondering if it might be possible to walk between raindrops. Not past them so fast that you couldn't get hit by them but just sliding to the right and to the left so imperceptibly that you never disturbed them.

I think it might be, and I think that between them is a different world. I think that beyond any other "tween" place (doorways, windows, mirrors), between raindrops may just be the place I want to get to. I think between rain drops in a summer storm may just be where I will be able to hear Gods and Goddesses speaking.

I think it's possible.

No comments: