Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Chain Letters

I'm against them, big time. My friends and non-friends will know that as soon as one comes my way I will research the heck out of it then send it back with all the proof that they are hoaxes and not to be trifled with. Some unlucky people have also gotten quite a tongue-lashing from me about it too.

I just read an excellent essay about them on Snopes, which has been one of my favorite sites for many years now.

Found in amongst the essay is this quote from the USPS:
Recently, high-tech chain letters have begun surfacing. They may be disseminated over the Internet, or may require the copying and mailing of computer disks rather than paper. Regardless of what technology is used to advance the scheme, if the mail is used at any step along the way, it is still illegal.


Read the whole interesting, eye-opening, essay here.

No comments: