Monday, January 23, 2006

This is my rubberband

There is this odd phenomena that once my life starts getting really interesting - I have no desire to write about it. Those moments when my life is plodding step after plodding step is much more conducive to observation and fiction that makes for good blogging. Or psuedo-fiction. Or dramatic non-fiction. Okay - histrionics.

The fact is that 2006 came rushing in far faster than anyone would have expected. By anyone I mean me. Especially considering that 2005 sat in neutral for a full 365 days. Here we are not even one month into it and suddenly I'm staring down huge life changes for not just me but the most important person in my life. This is good. Being able to actually move forward, discover things and change is good.

But I don't want to blog about it.

The fact is around this time of year is when you read other blogs start talking about "re-focusing" their "blog design" and how they're going to get back on the "topic". Quite frankly this blog never had a topic. It was just an excuse for me to sit and write because I like to sit and write. And more-over I have enough "re-focusing of structure" right now to do me for...well...the next six months.

So instead of the quirky "state of the blogs" and the "this is what I plan" stuff you find at the "better" blogs I'm doing the opposite.

I refuse to get focused or planned or structured with this blog. In fact, if I can manage it I'm gonna get even more messy and confusing and crazy. Remember when you were a teenager and had that journal that was literally stuffed with a bunch of scraps of paper and tidbits and pictures and those napkins from the cafeteria that you put doodles on during lunch and really wanted to keep? The one that was so packed and so full that the binding came apart and you had to hold the cover on with a rubber band?

Well that's what this blog is to me. Like my purse and my car - crap is going to come in - but it won't come out. (By the way, thank my husband for that analogy.)

1 comment:

Rowan Dawn said...

To me that is what blogging is all about. I feel that now that I have readers, I can't express myself fully, that I have to come up with topics. This happened slowly and inadvertently and I am realizing it now. Do what feels best to you!

Later