Sunday, January 15, 2006

Panda's don't eat with chopsticks either

Me (to the chick at the Panda Express Gourmet Chinese Food counter): Can I get a pair of chopsticks please?

Chick at the Panda Express Gourmet Chinese Food counter: We don't have chopsticks.

Me (looking at the Panda Express Gourmet Chinese Food logo): Seriously?

Chick at the Panda Express Gourmet Chinese Food counter: No one knows how to use them in Maryland.

Touche

Me (now stuck with a plastic fork): I'm gonna need another fortune cookie...

3 comments:

Fred said...

I guess we know how to use them in the other 49 states?

Rowan Dawn said...

I would be to terrified to try but I would think that they'd have them!

katy said...

Fred, I have been to a Panda Express in Hawaii - they had chopsticks obviously. In fact you had to ask for a fork there. In California they had chopsticks too. But there you had to ask. Thus ends my study in the Panda Express chopstick phenomena. Still...it is a chinese restaurant complete with fortune cookies and a panda, you'd think they'd want to keep up the sterotypical asthetic and have chopsticks.

Dawn, It's not hard to eat with chopsticks. However, even if people couldn't use them...wouldn't they have them just for the entertainment value? Nothing funnier than watching someone try to stab a dumpling with a wooden stick.