Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Captain! It's an Iceberg!

There is blog called Opinionistas that is one of those trendy blogs. The New York Times has written about it, everyone reads it, if you read and of the other trendy blogs then you'll be directed to it at some point. It's a "hip" blog.

There is also another blog that only recently popped up and is not so widely read. It's called Opinionistas Sucks.

Yes, that's right. There is a blog that is purely for picking apart another blog. I think this smells like those websites people made to tout their own friends websites. "I'm like, so in love with Jennifer and her website. This all about Jennifer." and then Jennifer would have a website that was "All about how much I totally love Kyle 4EVA. Stay Sweet! And look at his website!"

Isn't the fact that there is a blog about another blog just the beginning of the end. And since the first blog mentioned the second hasn't the beast been unleashed? Won't blog1 post about blog2 who is posting about blog1 posting about blog2 which is posting about blog1 posting about...

The mirror-on-mirror action is just too much for me to take. Surely this new development signals the demise of the blogosphere. Doesn't this mean that the blog thing is on the way out. I mean honestly. A few people will get a book deal, some might even make a movie but by the time it's really ready the trend will be gone. The books will go straight to the bargin bin with the other garbage that publishers use to fill between the last Harry Potter and the next. The movie is straight to t.v. Probably Lifetime.

Not that I still won't hold on. It's like watching Titanic...you know the ship is going down...you know someone is gonna die...yet you just can't look away. Not till the last lip has turned purple and limbs start breaking off.

Yes, my bloggy heart will go on and on!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

how did you even find the other site, opinionistassucks?

katy said...

Ah but Rex, as long as there is a Walmart there will be a Walmart Sucks. I think it's just a given.

Anonymous, I'm just good like that. Actually I have no idea, but I did like reading the comments they put up.

In away this is actually a good thing, there are hundreds and thousands of critiques on all sorts of books, plays and other media, why not blogs? Perhaps instead of the phenomena a sign of doom it's a sign that blogging is really be accepted as part of literature.

I just like the idea of things going BOOM.

Fred said...

I'm going to start Fred's Anti-World and pick myself apart. It could be fun.

Rowan Dawn said...

Aww, Fred, you already do that though. Gee, come up with something new!

Sorry, I just couldn't help myself.

And the bloggy heart line is great katy! just great!

katy said...

Fred, is that another one for your "addicted to blogging
blog? When you create blogs to garner negative attention?