Wednesday, November 02, 2005

I got bit by a vampire

He came through my window, during a storm. First I heard the screen being clawed to shreds, then I heard him breathing heavily on the glass. He was ugly, hideous. All his teeth were pointed and they bit at the glass. Rough, decaying enamel against smooth, cool, wet glass. Eeeeeeee. Eeeeeeeeeee. I could see the fissure in the glass grow longer and longer. Eeeeeeeee-eeeecccchhhhhhhh! The glass shattered into the room letting in cold October rain and wind, the smell of wet leaves, green grass....and decay. Garbage, stinking rotten flesh, disease and filth. He smelled of it all, and looked worse.

He advanced slowly, seeming to pull the blankets I had wrapped tight around me away with just a look. My cat yeowled and ran away. So much for a guard cat. I turned and looked over my shoulder at my husband, but he simply rolled over and began snoring again. Still the creature advanced. Only a few moments before I had been awake, alert, startled into motion by the storm, now I felt drowsy. My eyes kept closing, my lashes seeming to pull them down. I knew I had to keep them open, stay awake, stay alert. Still he advanced. With every step he took and felt my body sinking further onto the bed. A dark, heavy cloud descended on me. It was unpleasant. It smelled of eggs too long left out and road kill. The creatures robe surrounded me, wet and heavy with rain. It crawled against my skin, soaking me to the core. I shivered and gagged. I had to gasp for breath and I drew in poisoned air. Air so foul and toxic my lungs burned. My body shook, my limbs went numb, the creatures weight bared down on my hard, his disgusting mouth came close to my face and as I turned my head away he pressed his long, pointed teeth to my neck, drawing in breath before he whispered in my ear...

Beep beep. Beep beep. Beep beep.

I reached out from under the creature and with the last bit of strength I had left, the last bit he had not sucked out of me I hit him over the head. Over and over, I slammed my fist into his neck, till the incessant beeping stopped and suddenly the creature disappeared leaving only an eerie red glow in the room and a heavy weight on my soul.

This alarm clock is going to kill me someday.

3 comments:

Saur♥Kraut said...

Funny. Sounds like my average nightmare. :P

katy said...

My average nightmare usually contains something about dancing christmas trees.

Now if the vampire danced....

Rowan Dawn said...

Man. I love vampires.

But not yours! Ewww! Kill it! Kill it!

Kill it!