Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Muddy Notice

With bizarre timing as soon as I was gearing to post the latest post (Muddy Actor) my cellphone rings.

The theatre that I auditioned for first called to inform me that the Director no longer wanted me.

No longer? I didn't know he wanted me in the first place. In a rather strange call this woman gave me more information than I believe you are ever supposed to give the rejected. Instead of the nice, clipped and professional: "Thank you for coming out, we won't be requiring your services but we hope you'll come to our auditions for the next production." I got a "You know, he doesn't need you anymore. He did want to use you, then you know, there's this whole family thing and he really hemmed and hawed and couldn't make up his mind. He was going to cast you, but now he's not. We hope you come to the next audition."

You know rejection isn't that bad. Sure there's disappointment, but such is life yes? However, to be told that I actually was going to be picked, then not, then passed over for whatever the "family" thing was. That's just plain mean.

Next time just send a card.

3 comments:

Fred said...

Mean, yes. But, how about adding idiotic, stupid, and totally uncalled for.

Rowan Dawn said...

I agree with Fred!

katy said...

Well I guess they wanted to be nice and let me know that I didn't get the part because I sucked, but because there was someone else they wanted to hire. But I agree too, it was uncalled for.