Friday, November 04, 2005

Star Trekking Across Civilization

Civilization IV came out. My husband of course bought it.

While I enjoyed Civilization III because it had cute sayings like "Your soldiers are harassing women and stealing chickens" Civ IV brings a whole new type of creepy to contend with:

Leonard Nemoy.

My husbands computer now spouts random, and often useless, sayings as performed by Dr. Spock. It's really freaky.

"So, hey, want to get some Indian for dinner?"

"If you chase two rabbits; you shall lose both of them." says Mr. Nemoy.

"Er, okay...I don't think they make rabbit marsala...."

"Hath not the potter have power over the clay to make one vessel into honor and one into dishonor?"

"I'm sure they have china plates at the restaurant."

"Giddy-up"

Huh?

"Giddy-up"

Oh...that was a soldier getting on a horse...not Leonard Nemoy. He doesn't ride horses.

"The lord bless you and keep you..."

"Oh shut up."

"The lord lift his...:

"Seriously shut-up...go mind meld with something!"

"I am the lord thy God; you shall have no other God before me."

"You're a little smug aren't you?"

"Live long and..."

That's it...I'm beaming myself to bed!

No comments: