Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Scraps from the table

Through fleeting periods of consciousness, between the "owie owie owie" and "take another scary vicodin pill" parts of recovery I have come up with one simple, profound and completely unshakeable idea:

I hate Ellsworth Toohey*. I hate him with every fiber of my being. I hate him with the fury of a thousand rabid dogs who have been kicked repeatedly by his shiny, pointed shoes.

I HATE ELLSWORTH TOOHEY.

That's all.


*From Sparknotes.


As a side note I am tempted to say I hate Ellsworth Toohey more than I hate the oral surgeon who kept calling me "pretty girl" while I was choking on my teeth and blood was dripping down my chin...but the jury is still out.

5 comments:

Rowan Dawn said...

I like sparknotes. It got me thru' Ulysses.

"Pretty girl"? Can you sue? Do these people think you are four? Damn.

Fred said...

Hey Katy, I'm just checking in to wish you a great holiday weekend. See you next week!

Andrew Ironwood said...

Happy Holey-Days!!!...

Anonymous said...

Happy Dead Jewish Guy day!

katy said...

Dawn, He was pretty creepy that's for sure.

I never used Sparknotes, or CliffsNotes, or anything of the kind before. But it certainly has a good description of the characters.

Fred, Happy Holidays too and Happy New Year! It's coming up soon.

LDH, As long as the hole isn't in my eggnog mug I'm good to go. Happy New Year!!!

Anonymous, Technically Easter is the "Happy Dead Jewish Guy Day" The 25th is the birthday. But it is not the birthday of a jewish carpenters son (well I'm sure a lot of jewish carpenters sons were born in December, but the famous one wasn't, he was born in spring.). December 25th (now December 21) is the birthday of Mithra...god of the sun.

SO...Happy Birth of a Diety who could scorch the earth and turn to cinders all those who cross it!!!

On second thought, perhaps a dead guy is more festive...

Love ya'll! I'll be back to my raving soon!