Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Danny Sullivan

Danny Sullivan is a former racing car driver who won the Indy 500 in 1985. He's the only man to have spun in the Indy 500 and still win the race.

I didn't know about this till tonight. It's a little tidbit I'll probably never need.

But the real disturbing part of this trivia is how I learned about it. My computer professor, my very-much-older-than-me computer professor, was making fun of a Danny that happens to be in my class. During his not-so-funny-taunting he mentions that Danny Sullivan was the only man to win the Indy 500, even though he spun his car.

"Of course though, maybe you all don't remember it since that was in 1985..." he said.

"Before our time I think." I proffered

And it is. Though I was three years old at the time, three year olds aren't known for their interest in the Indy 500.

Then Danny opened his mouth:

"Yeah, I was born in 1988 so it was really before my time."

1988?!?!

When the heck did I stop being the baby? When did I go from being that young-punk-kid with the funny quips about ageism and the ignorance of youth and become - dare I say it - and adult?

1988...I was in college before this kid started high school.

And now we're in the same class.

I just did a 360 - hope I can win like Danny Sullivan.

1 comment:

Rowan Dawn said...

Hahahahahahahahahaha!


In 1985 I was 9.