Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Excel-lent Secretaries

"So I've been sending this report out now for two years right..." my fellow 'admin' starts while we're going through the quarterlies.

"...and no one has said a word about it. I subtotal it by person and leave the detail in it, so they can pull it up if they need it."

"Of course."

"Well today, after two years, I find out that they've been complaining to Boss Person about not getting any detail in the report at all."

"What sort of detail were they looking for?"

"The kind that's in the report, they just didn't know you had to click on the plus sign to expand the report."

"You mean the great big button next to their name in excel?"

"Yeah, that one."

"That's okay. My group still hasn't figured out how to open multiple tabs in the same worksheet."

"You mean they can't click on the word at the bottom of the screen?"

"Yep."

"Yep."

1 comment:

Rowan Dawn said...

Hmmm, that is so funny. I liked excel, it is a pretty good program. I gues y'all need to start including instructions on how to use the reports that they are sent, lol.

That is too funny. I mean, they make sure that the secretaries know excel, but they don't make sure that the rest of the employees will know how to use it either? That is just assinine.