Thursday, February 02, 2006

Go somewhere else

Believe it or not I am actually a published author. So, no, I don't have a book out there or anything, but I do have a few stories that wound up here and there.

When I was sixteen I won a trip to the Maui Writers Conference. Which is - huge. Big. Really big. The conference at least. The trip was thirty minutes.

Anyway, I heard a lot of crap when I was there, a lot of people who were trying to be self-important. But there were a few people who really said something amazing. Something that smacked sense into even the stupidest wannabe writers. It was a rare thing at a conference filled with thousands of writers.

It's been non-existant in a world filled with people who think books are a low-tech version of blogs.

Except today one of those trendy ones came out with something profound. Maybe it's because it has hints of the things I heard at the Writer's Retreat. Maybe it's because it has more hints of that passion that drives the really good writers. But I really like this guys post. He nailed it.

More Book Thoughts

2 comments:

Fred said...

I like anything Maui. I've never heard of that conference. I'll Google it to learn more about the gathering.

Congrats on your articles. I hope we'll get to see a few of them sometime.

Rowan Dawn said...

That is really cool. Way to go katy.