Monday, April 03, 2006

Vague

When I was ten years old my friend Ellie who was very tall and had very long, very red hair showed me a strip in a comic book.

It was a big, coffeetable sized anthology of some Japanese graphic novel partially translated to english and there was a boy antagonist who was doing strange Japanese type heroic stuff that antagonists do in Japanese graphic novels.

Anyway he and his cohorts of unknown species found an egg. A big egg. And it hatched and this dragon-y thing came out and said "Zilla!"

So they asked it a bunch of questions like what is your name and how many fingers am I holding up and it kept answering "Zilla!". So the boy hero, who now that I think about it had blue hair, asked the monster:

"Are you a god, Zilla?"

And then there was something about directing the monster to a big Tokyo-like city to get some food.

I don't know why I thought of that...

(As a side note when I spellchecked this post the checker suggested I enter "Silly" instead of "Zilla". Not really sure what that means either.)

6 comments:

katy said...

I actually thought it was making a personal judgement of me based on my post. Which I think is a tad biased. Especially for a spell checker. I mean I don't go around saying spellchecker is a money-grubbing, womanizer just because it keeps telling me I spell received wrong.

Honestly.

Anonymous said...

ZILLA!

Rowan Dawn said...

Blogger spell checker is evil... and very judgemental! It doesn't even recognize the word blog!

Rowan Dawn said...

oh lord, I just now got the godzilla reference, and that is only because as my eyes scanned the page my brain read it that way. Wow, I must have been out of it!

katy said...

I was being pretty vague.

However I have a new idea for a movie. Godsilly. He goes around and tries to eat balloons.

Anonymous said...

ZILLA!