Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Le soleil est brulant!

I'm going to Montreal!!!!

We're going to Montreal!

This is very exciting. My husband is a huge car guy. He autocrosses both his '94 Mazda Miata and our '05 Mini Cooper S (notice how I say it's HIS miata but it's OUR mini - that car is mine...mine...all mine...). He is also a big Formula 1 fan. So big that we have bought tickets to see the Grand Prix in...da-da-da-dum MONTREAL!

Did I say this was exciting? C. (my husband) and I went to the bookstore together and picked up travel guides (Lonely Planet and The Rough Guide), maps (Insight) and a Jiffy Phrasebook for French. We're going to learn french so we can spend ten glorious days pretending to be trendy, hip, swinging Quebecians.

I'm currently on the hunt for some CD lessons and a good workbook/activity course. I am pumped, let's learn French.

I've wanted to learn for a very long time. Just never bought the cd-rom's when I saw them...never had time...blah blah. Have to now though. I know they speak English there too, but it'll be easier if I have some passing skill in reading and speaking French.

I'm so excited. I said that right? This is the first trip I've ever had to prepare for. Besides packing and some slight research (Like don't buy dogs from well meaning vendors in Tijuana) I've never had to really think about the places I was going. But now we're doing the whole tourist thing and I couldn't be happier.

I've been combing the phrasebook. It's difficult to get the pronuciation but I'm getting the hang of it. Already I can count....to five...but I start at zero!

By the way the french word for zero is zero. Go figure.

This is all new and fun because I learned Hawaiian and Japanese when in high school. (I grew up in Maui.) So a language that uses the English alphabet is just brilliant. Yey!

I'm going to Montreal, I'm going to Montreal...

Woot!

A demain!

No comments: