Tuesday, April 24, 2007

More than a color

My sister and I never really got along. With the age difference and me being the surprise (and I suspect - unwanted) baby we never connected well.

My earliest memories are being kicked out of our shared bedroom and spending most of my nights on the couch in the living room. I always did like sleeping on couches though...

But this weekend I was surprised by how much we have in common. Like:

"So I was hoping you could figure out how it works," she said to my brother, handing him a pretty spiffy new mp3 player.

"This is my new one" I said, pulling out the new shuffle I was recently surprised with.

"It's pink!"

"I know, I have everything in pink now. I just started it all of a sudden."

"Me too. I think I had this mental block and then just like that..."

And then just like that I realized:

Hey yeah, we really are sisters. And we like pink.

No comments: